University Hospital's general visiting hours are 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. If you are not able to come during these hours, talk to the floor nurse about unit-specific visiting policies. See the C.S. Mott Children's Hospital Visitor page for their guidelines. Please keep these guidelines in mind when visiting:
- Do not visit patients when you are ill.
- Check with the nurse before bringing or giving the patient extra food or beverages.
- Use one of the many public restrooms throughout the building.
- Use the patient/visitor lounges on each unit when large groups visit. Patient rooms comfortably hold two visitors.
- Ask the nurse if you would like to have an overnight visit.
- Watch this video if you have children who are planning to visit a loved one in the Intensive Care Unit.
If you have questions, please call 734-936-6641.